Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Black Friday and Shopping

I did actually go out on Black Friday to do some shopping.  I've never been a Black Friday shopper, but this year my friend convinced me to go to Joann's with her to check out the sales.  It worked out well, I got a good deal on some yarn to crochet an afghan.  We also stopped at Target, Loft, and Old Navy while we were out. 

But here's the thing about Black Friday shopping.  The deals are great, but I hate the fact that the shopping is bleeding back into the Thanksgiving holiday.  It seems to be bleeding back farther and farther every year with sales starting earlier and earlier on the holiday itself.  I've never gone out shopping on Thanksgiving Day, because I really consider it to be a time you should be enjoying with family rather than trying to grab the one item on sale at Walmart.  And every year, someone gets trampled trying to grab the best deal at a store.  It's just depressing.  I really feel badly for those who work in retail and have mandatory hours to work on Thanksgiving and Black Friday.  It's a time for them to enjoy with their families, not sacrificing for consumerism.  And yes, everyone doesn't have to go out shopping for the best deals, but for everyone who could use the extra cash, why wouldn't you go out to save the money if you were going to buy something anyway?  Really, I just think the stores should just open on Friday and leave Thanksgiving Day alone. 

After all that, I guess here's where I share what I purchased.  I'd say it was a successful Friday morning.  Aside from the aforementioned yarn, I picked up 3 seasons of the Big Bang Theory at Target for $13 each.  And then I snagged some great deals at Loft for 50% off... too good to pass up:


I love the idea of a nice ivory sweater so I am really looking forward to wearing this sweater this winter.  It's very versatile and I know I'll get a lot of use out of it.


I love this sweater with the pretty lace detail on the front.  I actually already wore this sweater on Saturday night when I took my husband out to dinner for his birthday!


I think this was my favorite purchase.  The print was a little bold but it was so fun once I put it on.  I lucked out with the fact I was wearing skinny jeans and riding boots while shopping and the top looked great untucked with those pieces.


This scarf is so soft and silky on one side, but a nice jersey against your neck.  Plus, the print is gorgeous.  I don't even think that Loft's picture from the website does it justice.
 
 
 
So what are your thoughts on Black Friday and/or Thanksgiving shopping?  Did you go out and snag any great deals?
 


6 comments:

  1. I love the lace sweater. It is a perfect choice for a birthday dinner date with the husband.

    Lindsay
    Pinkandnavystripes.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Black Friday shopping, but I do however refuse to go out until Thanksgiving is officially over. I agree with the 'bleeding' concept and I love that other people are standing up to it as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything you purchased!! I went Black Friday shopping too :)

    I 100% agree with you though. The shopping should be on Friday and not on Thanksgiving day. I feel bad for the people that have to work and can't spend time with their families.

    xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes it does. I would rather be home and I can not handle the crowds. Cyber Monday is more my speed.

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally agree with not shopping on Thanksgiving I hate they open so early!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I shopped online and snagged some good deals on jewelry from Dillards and some pieces form H&M! I love Black Friday deals, but hate the idea of stores opening on Thanksgiving day!
    Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    Style-Delights Blog

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate all comments! I love hearing from you and I'll return the comment love. Thanks for taking the time to read and share your thoughts!