So a while ago, I promised a paleo cookie recipe. Well, here it is a while later and my husband pointed out that I hadn't shared it yet.
As I mentioned a while ago, my husband decided to try the paleo lifestyle starting in January. He's really seemed to enjoy it and while it's not really my thing, I've found myself eating a number of paleo meals.
So he had made this recipe of paleo cookies... and yes, I was skeptical because seriously, how good can cookies be without all the good stuff? Well, I had to eat my words (and some paleo cookies). They were shockingly good!
Chocolate Chunk Paleo Cookies
(dairy, gluten, and grain free)
1 c. almond meal
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp baking soda
3 T olive oil
2 T honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 T almond milk
1/4 c. chopped dark chocolate pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Line baking sheet with Silpat liner (these are the greatest baking tools ever) or parchment paper.
3. Whisk wet ingredients in bowl.
4. Add wet to dry and mix together.
5. Use a tablespoon to measure out batter and press down so it's a half circle. Tap out batter onto the baking sheet and press down lightly in the center to spread it out slightly.
6. Bake for 10-11 minutes until bottoms just start to brown.
7. Remove from oven and let cool 2-3 min before transferring to cooling rack. (They will be soft but will firm up in a few minutes.)
Would you try these? Have you tried paleo yet?
recipe adapted slightly from here