I'm really excited to have been nominated for a Liebster Award. Thanks to Jenna from Demure in Diamonds for nominating me!
The rules require that I share 11 facts about myself:
1. I have terrible balance. When working out, I'm terrified of the stability ball and anything that requires standing on one foot.
2. I love shoes, but my feet are different sizes which makes buying shoes frustrating and expensive.
3. I learned how to crochet last year and this year I'd like to try sewing.
4. I think chocolate is an absolute necessity in life. And obviously, anything with chocolate and peanut butter is wonderful.
5. I bake and could really use a stand mixer but I haven't picked one out yet because I can't commit to a color.
6. I feel the need to finish a book once I start. There are very few that I've started and been unable to force myself to finish. Of that short list, On the Road and Life of Pi are examples.
7. I own every season of Gilmore Girls. I love the writing; it was clever and had fantastic quick-witted humor. The references to pop culture and literature were always great, too.
8. I love to sing but only do it in the car when I'm alone or at church. I played the piano as a kid but didn't appreciate it then. I'd love to get a piano and start playing again. Unfortunately I'd probably need lessons again to fix all the bad habits I had.
9. I started golfing a couple years ago and I'd be lying if I said it wasn't partially because the outfits are adorable.
10. I wish I was more handy with tools. Perhaps that is something I should work on this year.
11. I love math and science and think they're really important and are often undervalued. I think there should be more of a push towards and focus on career paths in science, engineering, technology, and math when students are young.
The rules also include answering Jenna's 11 questions:
1. Favorite grilling recipe? My husband does all the grilling at our house. But I love when we do Caribbean Jerk Chicken on the grill. He makes his own jerk rub for the chicken and it's just delicious (as long as the spice level's right... if it gets too hot, it can be brutal!)
2. Favorite date night outfit? Pretty standard, but I tend to go with skinny jeans and boots. Then pair that with a sweater or a tee and fitted jacket. Then I'll add a chunky necklace for some flair.
3. Favorite book? This is such a tough question because I love books and I hate to narrow it down to just one. But I think I'll have to go with To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.
4. Amazing person in your life and why? My husband. He's always so supportive. He's also extremely patient so he does a wonderful job calming me down and helping to even me out. :)
5. Polka dots or stripes? Polka dots!
6. Why did you start a blog? I wanted somewhere to write about the things I love and enjoy, as well as just document what's going on in my life. I'd also been reading blogs and really enjoyed seeing the sense of community that exists within the blogging world. It seemed like a wonderful opportunity to learn and meet new people.
7. Flats or Stilettos? Stilettos
8. Favorite thing you bought in the last two weeks? The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook. I've only made one recipe out of it so far (Chocolate Brioche Pretzels) and it was amazing.
9. Best place in the world? Rome, Italy. We went there for our honeymoon. It was my favorite of the cities we visited.
10. Best present you got over the holidays? I got a beautiful painting by an artist local to the area. He does beautiful acrylic paintings of notable areas of town.
11. Post a link to your favorite shopping site! Is it too cliche to say I love Amazon? If for no other reason than the fact that you can find everything there and they make it so easy? OK, well, let's just go with a favorite fashion website... I love LOFT. http://loft.com