Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! Just a quick post about what I brought to Christmas dinner. I decided to make a dessert and since my husband LOVES anything lemon... I made glazed lemon pound cake. It was time to break in my bundt pan!
It was an easy cake to make and it was a hit.
Glazed Lemon Pound Cake
2 sticks unsalted butter (at room temp)
2-1/2 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
3 c. granulated sugar
2 T. lemon zest (finely grated)
6 T. lemon juice
6 large eggs
1 c. plain greek yogurt
1 c. powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 325. Butter and flour a bundt pan.
2. Whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat together the butter, granulated sugar, and lemon zest on medium speed. This should be light and fluffy.
4. Beat in 4 tablespoons of lemon juice, then the eggs (one at a time).
5. Adjust the mixer speed to low. Add in half the flour mixture, then the yogurt, then the other half of the flour mixture. Mix until well combined (don't overmix!)
6. Transfer the batter into the prepared bundt pan. Bake until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean ~65-75 minutes.
7. Once the cake is done in the oven, let cool in the pan for about 30 minutes, then turn it out on a wire rack to completely cool.
8. Frosting: Whisk together the powdered sugar and one tablespoon of lemon juice. Add the remaining tablespoon as needed to create a thick but pourable glaze. This can be added as soon as the cake has cooled.