I opted to make Chocolate Chip Nutella Candy Cane Cookies.
Recipe originally from Oh Joy!
2-1/4 c. unsifted flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 c. unsalted butter, softened
1/2 c. Nutella
3/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar, packed
2 tsp. vanilla extract
10 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 c. crushed candy canes
Approximately 4 dozen
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Crush candy canes. Recommend using plastic bag. Make sure to not crush the candy canes too much, or the cookies will be too sugary.
3. Stir together flour, baking soda, salt; set aside.
4. Beat butter and Nutella with sugar and brown sugar at medium speed until creamy.
5. Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed until incorporated.
6. Gradually blend dry mixture into creamed mixture.
7. Stir in chocolate chips and candy cane pieces.
8. Drop onto ungreased cookie sheet or Silpat liner.
9. Bake 9-11 minutes, until golden brown.
Joy posted some great packaging ideas on her original post too. Check them out at the same page.
Just for fun, here was Henry's reaction to me baking up a storm for the cookie exchange: